An injury is any wound or damage to the body resulting from an event in the work environment.
An illness is a state of poor health. This applies to all faculty, staff, and students.
- Heat stroke
- For serious accidents such as loss of consciousness or trauma, call 911 to have the individual transported to the nearest Emergency Department
- For all other accidents involving University Employees, refer them to UM Hospital, 1500 E. Medical Center Drive, 998-8788
- For all other accidents involving students, refer them to Health Services, 207 Fletcher, 763-4511
- Accidents occurring after hours should be referred to the UMHS Emergency Room
All accidents involving faculty, staff, students or visitors must be investigated.
- Follow the above procedures for contacting the appropriate medical help for the illness or injury
- File a report with Work Connections www.workconnections.umich.edu/forms.html
- File a CoE Safety Safety Incident Report as soon as possible CoE Safety Incident Report Form
- Please complete all documentation within 24 hrs. from the event